- New and Improved dense closed cell moisture resistant EVA foam rubber
- Provides excellent moisture protection
- Self-sealing lip and tape system for easy installation
- Mold and mildew resistant
- Limited Lifetime Warranty (equal to the warranted life of the flooring)
- Floating installations (not for glue down applications).
- Reduces floor noise by providing excellent sound absorption
- Provides cushioned comfort under laminate and floating wood floors
- The Eclipse II has high density and compression resistance properties that enable your floor to perform to its fullest potential and last a lifetime
- The moisture barrier film and tape strip combine to lock out moisture and allow for quick and easy installation
- Eliminates minor subfloor imperfections
- The Eclipse II adds insulation value with an R-value of .29
- Suitable for use with radiant heat flooring systems
- 100% recyclable, environmentally friendly, non-allergenic and odorless
- Dry, completely cured concrete (at least 14 days old with HVAC operating)
- 3/4" interior plywood or OSB flooring
- Waterproofing and crack-isolation membranes
- Cement backer units
QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION
- Subfloor surface must be clean and dry before installation.
- Start on a corner of room wall. Unroll Eclipse II underlayment (film side down) over the subfloor.
- Be sure tape strip side is next to the wall and overlapping film lip is toward the open room.
- Roll out next row in the same manner butting foam close to first row and covering overlapping plastic film lip.
- Do not overlap foam pad just the overlapping plastic film lip.
- Remove tape liner and secure the overlapping plastic film lip to it. Continue with installation.
- Seal all open seams with aggressive adhesive plastic tape.
- Install flooring per manufacturer's instructions.
INSTALLATION GUIDE NOTE
In geographic regions where concrete slabs may be subject to higher moisture levels, a calcium chloride test is required. Vapor emission readings in excess of 3 lbs/1000sf in less than 24 hours will require additional protection such as a concrete sealant, moisture abatement, or 6 mil poly-ethylene sheeting. (Please follow flooring OEM's instructions verbatim with regards to subfloor prep). It is mandatory to properly prep the subfloor to meet/exceed OEM installation instructions since the maximum value of most OEMs is 3 lbs MVTR with regards to adding an extra moisture abatement before putting down the underlayment (if on grade or below grade) and then the flooring product.
Since we offer the industry's best warranty and track record and are willing to replace another company's floor parts and labor should our product fail, a properly prepared subfloor that meets/exceeds every major OEMs subfloor prep protocol is mandatory.
New construction installations should be performed only after the building is completely enclosed and the climate control system is in operation for a minimum of two weeks.
Available in 43" x 27.9' (100 sq. ft.) rolls and 43" x 279' (1000 sq. ft.) contractor size rolls
100% closed cell moisture resistant EVA foam rubber
Thickness — .085", 2 mm
Weight — 2.5 lbs per roll
Moisture Protection — closed cell foam
Thermal Resistance — R-Value .29
Compression Resistance @ 25% — 3.08 psi
Compression Set @ 50% — 54.8 %
SOUND ABSORPTION PROPERTIES
Impact Insulation Class (IIC) This method is to measure the impact sound transmission performance of a floor-ceiling assembly (sound transmission through the floor)
IIC Flooring Sub-Floor
72 Laminate/Engineered Wood 6" concrete with ceiling assembly
Sound Transmission Class (STC) This method is to measure the air-borne sound insolating property of a partition element for effectiveness in blocking sound
STC Flooring Sub-Floor
66 Laminate/Engineered Wood 6" concrete with ceiling assembly